Ansicht umschalten
  • Livius

181 Beiträge seit 26.02.2024

Motiv?

Lee Harvey Oswald soll Marxist gewesen sein. Dann hätte Oswald aus eigenem Antrieb nur wenig Grund gehabt, Kennedy zu ermorden - wenn er die Kuba-Krise 1962 näher verfolgt und vor allem die „Friedens-Rede“ von Kennedy an der American University gehört hat.

Die Rede enthielt Positionen, die nach meiner Kenntnis den Grundsätzen der US-amerikanischen Außenpolitik nicht entsprach. So meinte Kennedy zum Beispiel:

„What kind of peace do I mean? What kind of peace do we seek? Not a Pax Americana enforced on the world by American weapons of war.“

„Today the expenditure of billions of dollars every year on weapons acquired for the purpose of making sure we never need to use them is essential to keeping the peace. But surely the acquisition of such idle stockpiles--which can only destroy and never create--is not the only, much less the most efficient, means of assuring peace.“

„Some say that it is useless to speak of world peace or world law or world disarmament--and that it will be useless until the leaders of the Soviet Union adopt a more enlightened attitude. I hope they do. I believe we can help them do it. But I also believe that we must reexamine our own attitude… .“

Die Friedens-Rede hielt Kennedy im Juni 1963. Fünf Monate später wurde er erschossen.

Das Posting wurde vom Benutzer editiert (16.07.2024 04:15).

Bewerten
- +
Ansicht umschalten