Ansicht umschalten
  • DasWoelfchen

mehr als 1000 Beiträge seit 21.01.2003

Re: Gibt einige Russen

FIAE-Flix schrieb am 20.08.2023 11:42:

Saul Goodmen schrieb am 20.08.2023 11:06:

Die Krise Russlands, Bildung der Oligarchen, Zusammenbruch der Sozialsysteme, in den 90ern, geht auf westliche Berater zurück.

Ein ganz besonders prominenter Vertreter dieser Berater ist übrigens ein gewisser Jeffrey Sachs, der nicht nur in den Foren gerne zitiert wird ,)

Um ihm kein Unrecht zu tun: Sein Plan hat in diversen anderen Staaten durchaus nicht schlecht funktioniert, prominentestes Beispiel ist hier Polen. Man könnte also auf die Idee kommen, dass es vielleicht doch nicht an den Beratern lag.

Vielleicht hing es ja doch damit zusammen, dass man in Zeiten vollkommen disfunktionaler Wirtschaft alles an die Bürger verteilt hat (die für ein Brot ihre Anteile verscherbelt haben) bzw. sich die ehemaligen Bonzen die Fabriken etc. hat unter den Nagel reißen lassen statt wie heute gerne behauptet wird etwa massiv ausländische Investoren zum zug kommen zu lassen?

Vielleicht lag es ja auch an etwas anderem - aber wo du gerade Jeffrey Sachs sagst, lassen wir den Mann doch einmal persönlich über seine Erfahrungen aus dieser Zeit sprechen:

JEFFREY SACHS: Absolutely. And I had a controlled experiment, because I was economic adviser both to Poland and to the Soviet Union in the last year of President Gorbachev and to President Yeltsin in the first two years of Russian independence, 1992, ’93. My job was finance, to actually help Russia find a way to address, as you described it, a massive financial crisis. And my basic recommendation in Poland, and then in Soviet Union and in Russia, was: To avoid a societal crisis and a geopolitical crisis, the rich Western world should help to tamp down this extraordinary financial crisis that was taking place with the breakdown of the former Soviet Union.

Well, interestingly, in the case of Poland, I made a series of very specific recommendations, and they were all accepted by the U.S. government — creating a stabilization fund, canceling part of Poland’s debts, allowing many financial maneuvers to get Poland out of the difficulty. And, you know, I patted myself on the back. “Oh, look at this!” I make a recommendation, and one of them, for a billion dollars, stabilization fund, was accepted within eight hours by the White House. So, I thought, “Pretty good.”

Then came the analogous appeal on behalf of, first, Gorbachev, in the final days, and then President Yeltsin. Everything I recommended, which was on the same basis of economic dynamics, was rejected flat out by the White House. I didn’t understand it, I have to tell you, at the time. I said, “But it worked in Poland.” And they’d stare at me blankly. In fact, an acting secretary of state in 1992 said, “Professor Sachs, it doesn’t even matter whether I agree with you or not. It’s not going to happen.”

And it took me, actually, quite a while to understand the underlying geopolitics. Those were exactly the days of Cheney and Wolfowitz and Rumsfeld and what became the Project for the New American Century, meaning for the continuation of American hegemony. I didn’t see it at the moment, because I was thinking as an economist, how to help overcome a financial crisis. But the unipolar politics was taking shape, and it was devastating. Of course, it left Russia in a massive financial crisis that led to a lot of instability that had its own implications for years to come.

https://www.democracynow.org/2022/8/30/wests_false_narrative_china_russia_ukraine

Bewerten
- +
Ansicht umschalten