Ansicht umschalten
  • KarlderEinfaeltige

856 Beiträge seit 01.12.2020

Re: Die USA soll also mit Russland über die Teilung eines dritten Landes verhand

PippiLangstrumpf schrieb am 25.06.2024 21:40:

Sie waren auch wenig überraschend alle vehement gegen die russischen Forderungen aus Dezember 21.

Yep, die auch ein russischer Diplomat für absurd hielt.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/russian-federation/sources-russia-misconduct-boris-bondarev
"The disconnect from reality became even more extreme in January 2022, when U.S. and Russian diplomats met at the U.S. mission in Geneva to discuss a Moscow-proposed treaty to rework NATO. The foreign ministry was increasingly focused on the supposed dangers of the Western security bloc, and Russian troops were massing on the Ukrainian border. I served as a liaison officer for the meeting—on call to provide assistance if our delegation needed anything from Russia’s local mission—and received a copy of our proposal. It was bewildering, filled with provisions that would clearly be unacceptable to the West, such as a demand that NATO withdraw all troops and weapons from states that joined after 1997, which would include Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Poland, and the Baltic states. I assumed its author was either laying the groundwork for war or had no idea how the United States or Europe worked—or both. I chatted with our delegates during coffee breaks, and they seemed perplexed as well. I asked my supervisor about it, and he, too, was bewildered. No one could understand how we would go to the United States with a document that demanded, among other things, that NATO permanently close its door to new members. Eventually, we learned the document’s origin: it came straight from the Kremlin. It was therefore not to be questioned."

Bewerten
- +
Ansicht umschalten