Ansicht umschalten
  • Stoneburner

mehr als 1000 Beiträge seit 22.02.2011

Re: Was bedeutet das praktisch?

Peter___ schrieb am 27.05.2024 14:28:

Oder steigt die Gefahr eines Atomkrieges, weil die Vorwarnzeit extrem kurz wird und Russland im Verdachtsfall prophylaktisch Zurückschießen muss, statt das rote Telefon zu nutzen

Genau das, die Idee ist die:

Infrarotsatelliten erkennen einen Raketenstart, wenn der nicht angekündigt wurde, setzt das eine Gegenangriffsprozedur in Gang (es bleiben 10-15min für eine Entscheidung einen Gegenschlag auszulösen oder nicht).

Diese Radarstationen können im Gegensatz zu den IR Satelliten die Flugbahn genau genug bestimmen um Entwarnung zu geben wenn die Rakete nicht einem Angriffskurs fliegt.

Wenn diese Entwarnung nicht kommt, dann muss ein Mensch den Angriff manuell abbrechen.

Es war schon einmal sehr knapp:

https://ahf.nuclearmuseum.org/ahf/history/nuclear-close-calls-norwegian-rocket-incident/

On January 25, 1995, the Black Brant XII blasted off from Andoya Island in northern Norway. Its target altitude of 1,500 kilometers could have theoretically carried it into Russia. “An officer on duty reported detecting a ballistic missile which started from the Norwegian territory,” recalled MAWS General Anatoly Sokolov. “If it had been launched on an optimal trajectory, its range would have been extended to 3,500 kilometers which, in fact, is the distance to Moscow. The thing is, the start of a civilian missile and a nuclear missile, especially at the initial stage of the flight trajectory, look practically the same.”

The radar crew had no choice but to report what could have been an incoming missile to Moscow. According to MAWS expert Nikolay Devyanin, “There was not time to ask their superiors for advice, but they did not want to become scapegoats for another [Matthias] Rust [the German teenager who in 1987 flew past Russian defenses and landed in Red Square]. In this situation the duty officers made the sole possible decision: to work according to plan, as prescribed by instructions, and as has been practiced dozens of times in drill sessions” (Pry 223).

Within minutes, President Boris Yeltsin was in possession of the nuclear briefcase, known as the “cheget,” while Russian nuclear forces were placed on high alert. Fortunately, despite the dilapidated state of Russia’s nuclear facilities at the time, early warning satellites still provided 24-hour coverage of any potential American intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs). The exact sequence of events remains unknown, but Yeltsin was most likely able to see via the cheget that a full scale nuclear attack was not underway.

The next day, Yeltsin announced to the press that he had activated the cheget. “I have indeed used yesterday for the first time my ‘little black case’ with a button that is always with me,” said Yeltsin. “I immediately contacted the Defense Ministry and all the military commanders that I require and we were following the path of this missile from beginning to end”

Ohne dem Radar wäre der Gegenschlag erfolgt, so konnten sie sehen das die Forschungsrakete (wie geplant) ins Meer gestürzt ist.

Bewerten
- +
Ansicht umschalten